Thursday, April 3, 2008

Dino Sound Assignment

This week I tried to create the sound of a wild animal hunting prey in the wild somewhere.

The sounds I collected consisted of dogs barking, chirping birds, and I also tried to create some folley style sound effects with some straw (to simulate rustling grass) and some gloves I had lying around (to simulate the flapping bird wings). I also picked up the sound of water running under a manhole in Confederation Park as well as some of the filters to augment the dog barks to make the dogs sound bigger than they actually were.

To be honest, I do not think that I am very satisfied with of this assignment. The piece most certainly could have been longer, but I was also hoping to record some other animal sounds to further augment the barks and chirps.

Click here to listen.



No comments: